Year One

When I began AudibleRxTM back in July of 2011 I really had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I had the simple idea that I wanted to bring Medication Specific Counseling SessionsTM, in audio format, to the general public, with the intent of helping folks understand what they do and don’t know about their medications so they may take educated questions back to their own pharmacist or doctor. 

After a bit of research, I realized that one of the best ways to get the word out about my product was to start a blog page.  According to Google, the idea is to blog, twice weekly, for at least 12 months.  This will help increase the ranking in internet search engines and help my site be found.  Then, once someone is at the AudibleRxTM blog page, they may then click through to the counseling website.

So, I have been blogging twice weekly (almost each week) for over 12 months now.  The process is beginning to work.  I have and am receiving many clicks on my blog and quite a bit of follow through to my counseling website! 

Over the past year I have put focus on many important broad topics that surround pharmacy each and every day such as:

Dietary Supplements
Mail-Order Pharmacy
Medicare-D
Medication Responsibility
Community Pharmacy
…and many, many other topics.

I also covered quite a few topics that are of a day to day practical nature such as:

Pill Color
Black Box Warning
Medication Storage
Grapefruit & Medications
Sunscreen Numbers
…along with others.

Of course, I have also discussed many Medication Topics.  When new Medication Specific Counseling SessionsTM are added to the counseling page website, they are introduced with the blog.  I take a moment to describe the disease state and how the medications work.  I then provide a link to the counseling page website if there is any interest in learning more about that particular category of medications.

This coming year I am going to relax a little on the frequency of my blogs.  My goal is to write at least three blogs each month, and the focus will be on Medication Topics.   I am putting my effort at developing more counseling sessions.  I would like to provide counseling sessions for the top 20% of the medications that comprise 80% of all prescriptions written.  I currently have most of the top 100 medications prescribed and will be there soon!

Individual membership is a good deal.  Signing up with AudibleRxTM for $14.95 gives you complete access to all of the Medication Specific Counseling SessionsTM.  

Group membership is another direction AudibleRxTM is heading.  A group membership might be used in one of the following situations.
 

  • Community Pharmacy where the Pharmacist would like to give their patients access to audio information along with their written information following their own medication counseling session. This would allow patients an afterhour’s method of listening to a pharmacist talk to them about their medication.
  • Clinic or Office Setting where the practitioner would like to give their patient a way to listen to all of the important counseling information about a specific medication. This would benefit patients who receive samples from the clinic or would like to have a counseling session about a medication before picking it up from their pharmacy.
  • Employer Sponsored Wellness Benefit to encourage their employees to participate in their own pharmaceutical care. This would benefit employees who get their prescriptions via mail order or a big store pharmacy and do not have easy access to a pharmacist. This will help the employees understand the important questions to take back to their own pharmacist or doctor.

If you feel that this may be a benefit to your business or work place in any way, please send me a note and I will forward you a Group Membership Two Month Trial Contract so you may try it out.

Thank you everyone for all of your support!
Steve
www.AudibleRx.com

Copyright AudibleRx (TM), all rights reserved. Please do not copy or publish or distribute without consent and approval from AudibleRx (TM).